Irma and Backpacks

Hurricane Irma is extremely dangerous.

When the Thinking Beyond Border group heard that for the first time, we kinda panicked. Let me explain: we're all supposed to meet each other for the first time in the Miami Airport and then fly off to Quito. But there's no chance that's happening now.

I have a number of friends who go to Rice University and thank goodness are safe but still experienced tons of flooding during Hurricane Harvey. Irma is almost 10 times as dangerous and so far has practically obliterated a number of islands in the Caribbean.

We're supposed to start our journey on the 10th so we're trying to reroute our flights as quickly as possible.

However before I go anywhere I need to finish packing. I must be able to carry all of my belongings on my back.

Here's me after I first got the backpack:


I look a little too sunshine-y for a backpacking trip.

Here's me after I tried packing for the first time:

Yeah... my belongings aren't fitting super nicely into one bag.

However, Irma is delaying all our flights so I guess I have an extra day to figure it all out.

Wish me luck as I try to finish packing, evade Irma, and begin my semester adventure!
Next: Ecuador.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and The Gap Year Girl

Life On A Hilltop

Hello from Ecuador!